Followers

Sunday 15 March 2015

It's a Hit

My first cardmaking love was Hunkydory Crafts. The first major purchase I made, after the basics, was Crafting with Hunkydory Compendium 1 and from then on I have remained loyal to the brand.
The kits that Hunkydory produce are fantastic for beginners but I have continued to use them as I have become more confident. Personally, I have found that it is possible to find a Hunkydory topper suitable for anyone- and once you have found it, then it is so easy to make a personalised card.
For this card, I have taken a HD topper sheet and coordinating cardstock (It's a Hit) and, with a little imagination and a printer, turned it into a perfect card for a musician with a vinyl obsession. It would be impossible to find a card with all of his favourite bands on in the shops. I have deliberately given the album labels a handmade, DIY look, to fit in with the self-labelling of records and tapes we did in the '80s. Look carefully and you will see that one of the bands featured is Mr Keep Calm and the Cancelled Cheques, the recipients own band.
I love this card, it was such fun to make, and I was so pleased with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment