Followers

Friday 1 September 2017

Poppy Fields

Hi everyone, September already- how on earth did that happen? Today sees the launch of 4 new Hunkydory Craft Stacks. If you haven't seen these, they are 8x8 books filled with papers, toppers and inserts. I was lucky enough to work with two gorgeous stacks and today I'm sharing my Poppy Fields samples.





I really do love the beautiful poppy designs in this craft stack and decided to make a special card, with the theme of remembrance in mind:


The picture is of my husband's grandfather, Arthur Hyde, who served in the RAF during WW2. Regular visitors will know that my sons are very interested in all things military and they both took great pride in sharing Arthur's war medals with their classmates last year. I love the fact that this craft stack can be used in this way.

This week we also thought about my Granddad when we visited the Tank Museum and my eldest son got to try on a Home Guard uniform (the guide was surprised that my son knew exactly what the uniform was as soon as he saw it!):

My Granddad used to tell us how he once mistook the Vicar's dog for a German soldier and shot the poor dog. Definitely something straight out of Dad's Army!

Thank you for dropping by today and for lovely comments. Cathy x


16 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Cathy!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations one and all Cathy!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning. You just can't beat poppies, can you? Your Little 'Un looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely stunning! And that lad is precious! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful selection of poppy cards, especially the lovely remembrance card for your husband's grandfather.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous selection of cards you have here - love em all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous samples Cathy. The artwork and your designs are fabulous.
    My 9 year old grandson loves anything military too. History lives on xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards you created with those card toppers, the colors are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all stunning cards, just love poppies. The photo is lovely as well!

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy your cards are all stunning. I do love poppies on cards. We visited the Churchill War Rooms they were fascinating. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my these are gorgeous cards. Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning work and lovely card of your husbands grandfather. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful selection of cards Cathy plus the extra special one with the photo really works well. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete