Followers

Monday 4 January 2016

Garden of love


Hi everyone. Today sees the launch of a new challenge at My Besties UK, our first of the year. As always, this month's challenge is Anything Goes and we also have the option of Circles this time.

For my card I chose this gorgeous image called Garden of Love. You can follow the link to purchase the digi stamp. After all the Christmas red and gold, I was ready to work with something really pretty so I've chosen pastel pinks and greens for this one.

For the background, I've used papers from the Trimcraft First Edition Mulberry Kisses paper pad. I've backed these with kraft card and I've used a Crafter's Companion BeBunni Floral border die to add interest. The flowers have been cut using Sue Wilson Daisy dies and the card finished with pearls and a piece of ribbon from my stash.

I'm determined to improve my colouring this year, having only started colouring less than a year ago, so have signed up to Kit and Clowder classes. Previously I've used a circle blending technique but have switched to feather blending this time. Still a lot of practice needed but I'm pretty happy with this image. Spectrum Noir colours used are:
Skin FS2 FS4 TN2 CR2
Hair TN1 EB1 EB2
Clothes, Hearts and Leaves FS6 CR2 CR3 LG1 LG2 CG2 EB1 EB2

I would like to enter ths card for the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes
ABC Challenge Y is Your Choice
Creative Knockouts All Things New (new colouring technique)
Allsorts Challenge What's New (new colouring technique)
Delicious Doodles Leftovers (ribbon)
My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner January Challenge
My Besties Aussie Challenge Use Flowers

Thank you all for visiting and for your lovely comments. I now finally seem to have my Google Friend Connect button fully functioning, so it would be wonderful if you would join up to follow my blog.

Cathy x

26 comments:

  1. So pretty sweetie love the colours - Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy this is a gorgeous card the image is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Card.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so pretty. Lovely design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Cathy. I love those delicate flowers and the sweet image is wonderfully coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card , love the image and colours used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, this is a beautiful card. I love your pretty delicate colouring and your card design is gorgeous with those die cut flowers.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is beautiful thank you for joining us at My besties meet at the scrappers corner challenge we really appreciate your support
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous thank you for joining us at My besties Aussies challenge
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card Cathy one of my favourite images Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute image and I love your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweetly colored and designed! Wonderful card, Cathy! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #25.
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card here you have made a lovely job of it. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Cathy!
    Yay! I'm now following your lovely blog!
    Gorgeous card! I signed up for classes but have yet to start as I just never seem to have the time to sit & concentrate! lol
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Dawn. I'm going to make myself sit down and do the classe- trouble is I get lost in colouring and hours pass by! X

      Delete
  15. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such Beautiful Work! Thank you so much for joining our Challenge over at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner! Mindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'What's New' challenge week. The new challenge starts tomorrow, hope you join in again x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project ! Thanks for joining us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I love the soft colors.
    Thank you for joining us at my Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Love the layout and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderful & beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at My Bestie Aussie Challenge.
    Good Luck . Regards Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Card, thank you for joining us at Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge Blog, good luck with your project.
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Genial y delicada. Me gustaría compartir experiencias con Spectrum Noir, recién coloreo con ellos. Gracias por compartir y participar en nuestro desafío, Scrappers Corner Desafío # 20.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card, so pretty...Thank you for joining us over at Delicious Doodles...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete