Followers

Sunday 16 August 2015

Santoro Willow Paper Weaving


Good morning everyone. Today I'm sharing my first attempt at paper weaving. I saw a tutorial on the Trimcraft website and was keen to try it. I particularly love these Santoro Willow papers, so decided to use these.

I began by deciding on my image- and for this I used the packaging from the Mademoiselle Snow Stamp Set which I backed with a frame cut from the papers.
I distressed the edges of a card blank using Victorian Velvet Distress ink and added the background paper which matches the image's dress. I chose 2 other papers and cut several 1cm wide strips from each. I weaved these together, ensuring I used alternating strips of both papers. I added the weaving to the backing paper and cut the ends to the desired length.
Finally I added the image and finished with some pearls and a flower.
I really love the finished effect of the card and lhow the colours work together. I particularly like this dusky pink colour, definitely one of my favourites.

Products used:
Trimcraft Santoro Willow A4 Paper Pad, Mademoiselle Snow Stamp packaging, Willow Die Set, First Edition Flower Dies
X Cut Square Frame die
Scrapberry's Pearls

I would like to enter this card for this week's Allsorts Challenge Share Your Favourite Colour

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am loving the weaving and the image is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy this is a gorgeous card I love the weaving and the beautiful image. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and sweet card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Cathy love the colours and design
    love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Willow and Mademoiselle Snow is one of my favourite characters, you have set her off beautifully with your fab weaving!! love it!! x

    ReplyDelete