Followers

Sunday 26 April 2015

Belle and Boo Shutter Card

Time for a confession. I am hopeless with a craft knife. So when Tattered Lace brought out a die set that could make fantastic shutter cards, I bought it straight away. Better still, it contains all the layering dies needed to decorate the card too, so there is no need for hours of measuring and cutting.

I used the Belle and Boo 8x8 paper pad for this boy's birthday card and used one of the images from the decoupage pack.

Perhaps my favourite bit of the card is the rosette I made. For this I cut a thin strip of paper from the pad and scored it at 5mm intervals. I then concertina folded the paper and joined the ends together with tape. I flattened it out and stuck it onto a circle of card. Next I attatched two short strips of paper and two pieces of ribbon to make the tails. Finally I stuck 2 die cut circles on top and added a number.

Products used:

Tattered Lace Shutter Card die set (includes letter dies)

Trimcraft Belle and Boo 8x8 Paper Pad, Decoupage pad, Pirate Ribbon

Docrafts Papermania orange card 

Tonic Studios Circle and Scalloped Circle layering dies

Creative Expressions Foundation Card in Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment