Followers

Monday 6 February 2017

Reveal it

Hi everyone, hope you are well. I had a huge to do list this morning. You know how time management books tell you to categorise things into urgent, important etc lists- well today everything seemed to be urgent! Somehow though I've knuckled down and got through lots of jobs, so I'm taking a few minutes out.

Today's card is something different for me and the result of some rare play time in the craft room.


The products I used for this are all from Craftwork Cards. I began by using a Distress It mat for my background.

My second layer is a Reveal It mat- this came as a white embossed mat and when you add ink the pattern emerges. I used 3 distress inks for this- Dusty Conchord, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry. I swiped the inks on a glass mat, spritzed with a little water, then dipped the mat in. When it was dry I cut it down slightly and added it to the card.

The topper is a Reveal It topper. I used distress inks again, but this time using a blending tool to add Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers inks.


I finished off with some ribbon and punched flowers.

I loved playing with inks yesterday, so I hope you like the finished result. Thanks for visiting today x


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cathy, love the papers and beautiful bow.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy this is a gorgeous card I love it. Well done for getting on with the must do jobs. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layers, detail and colour Cathy.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you've used Cathy - glad you got some time to play and try something different. Don't work too hard! Shabneez Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Cathy. Lovely layering and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cards, the background turned out great

    ReplyDelete