Followers

Monday 15 January 2018

Don't be blue...

Hi everyone. Apparently today is officially Blue Monday, the most miserable day of the year. Funnily enough Blue Monday is also a song by New Order, one of my all time favourite bands, so the mention of it just makes me smile!

However, I did think I should share a happy card today, in case any of you are feeling a little down.


For this card I have used Trimcraft's Dovecraft Bee Happy collection. As with all their collections it really does include everything you need to make lovely cards and the papers are beautiful.

 I started with a 13.5cm kraft card blank which I covered with the gorgeous glittery paper. I added a hexagon of paper to the centre then a strip of kraft card and yellow paper across the card, with washi tape over this.

I cut two more hexagons and fixed them to the centre of the card. I cut the sentiment and bees from gold mirri card using the dies from the collection and added them to finish.



Recently I've started to display my cards on a cupboard in our dining room so they don't just get hidden away- hopefully seeing this will be enough to keep the blues away today. Cathy x

12 comments:

  1. I shall be humming that all day now, it's more like grey Monday here lol! Fabulous card, I love bees, great layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, it is a bright Monday here. Love your card, especially the bee die cuts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and beautiful Cathy. So cheering!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and love the gold accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Cathy, love the bees.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Happy card on this miserable Monday - cheered me up just seeing it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bee-utiful happy card Cathy - love the design! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! what a fab card

    ReplyDelete