Followers

Friday 1 December 2017

It's December!

Hi everyone. It feels like ages since I last posted, although it was only last week! Since I last posted, there's been several football matches, a birthday party, school fair, DT projects to finish and birthdays to prepare for.

This time of year is always a challenge for me, so a couple of weeks ago I made the decision to try and record all the special moments of the festive season this year. I did lots of research into December Daily before deciding to make and decorate my own Traveller's Notebook to use.


To make the cover I followed this fabulous tutorial from Helen Griffin. However, instead of laminating the cover I used a piece of card, then covered it on both sides with Trimcraft Magic of Christmas paper. I even created pockets inside.


For the notebooks, I took two Rhino squared paper notebooks, removed the covers and made my own using  First Edition Jingle All The Way papers. Because the notebooks slide under elastic in the centre, I didn't even need to attach the new covers.

I decorated the front of the journal with die cuts cut from Docrafts glitter paper, using the Magic of Christmas dies. The letters are from Trimcraft's Simply Creative range.


Now the real fun begins- the aim is to fill in the journal every day. Today we have celebrated my youngest son's birthday, so I will start with that. He has had a lovely time and was thrilled that the card I made him was shown on CBeebies this morning.


This weekend we are having a family trip to Chessington to visit the zoo, with an overnight stay in the hotel and a trip to Father Christmas booked too. Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Cathy. Really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy this is stunning and such a good idea. Well done getting the card on shown CBeebies this morning. Your weekend sounds like it will be lots of fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant journal Cathy and a fabulous idea. You've used lovely papers.
    How wonderful that your card for Isaac was shown on CBeebies. A great start to a fun weekend, I hope xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great project Cathy!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Cathy! It’ll be a keepsake for the boys when they’re older too. Well done on getting the card on tv. Enjoy your weekend! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project Cathy and how lovely that Isaac's card was seen on TV too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete