Followers

Thursday 5 January 2017

A January Birthday

Hi everyone and a belated Happy New Year. All over Christmas I had promised myself that this week would be the week I got organised. I planned to do some exercise, to do lots of crafting and blogging and to get back to regularly visiting everyone's blogs. It hasn't happened like that at all- instead I've been hit by the worst cold I've had for years and I've struggled to do anything! I'm starting to feel better today so will slowly get back to normal in the next couple of days.

I have made one card, for a friend's birthday yesterday. She hates having a January birthday so I always try to make her a pretty, cheerful card.


In the end, being unwell meant I made a mich simpler card than I had planned but it is still pretty. The topper is a Colorista card which I coloured with some of the new Spectrum Noir Vintage and Nature markers I treated myself to last week. The flowers are glittered, which is hard to photograph!


I made a simple background using Craftwork Cards New Traditional Tartan papers matted with Hunkydory Mirri card from the 50 Shades Darker set.

Hope you have all had a good week and I look forward to catching up with your blogs today x

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cathy, love the beautiful papers and flower.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cathy... Love your coloring..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy this is a gorgeous card you have made for your friend. I do hope that you feel better soon. There have been some nasty colds doing the rounds this year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Cathy, sure to be treasure. Feel better soon, you are not alone. I think everyone is struggling with this at the moment.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Cathy and lovely colours. You have my sympathies for your nasty cold. We are just starting to recover in our house. I hope you feel back on form soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card for your friend Cathy. I love the colours you've used. Sending lots of positive vibes to help you feel better soon. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Cathy. I love the vivid plaid backing papers and the matching florals. Stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's soooooo hard to get back to "normal" after Christmas, isn't it? I hope you are soon feeling much, much better - at least this year you don't have to contend with that "back to school" horror of Winter playground duties and children snivelling all over you etc!

    Love this card, what a beautiful flower and the colours are just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete